Couldn’t have asked for a better experience for our first African trip. We selected Pulse Africa as they were already highly recommended in an East African face book group that I am a member of and couldn’t have had a better experience planning the trip with them. In particular, our travel agent Melanie Lowe, was meticulous in coordinating and planning the trip. She worked with us on our itinerary and budget and came up with excellent accommodation suggestions to choose from for all the places we stayed at. She also put together suggested trips for our visit in Cape Town. While on vacation, we had to reach them during out of office hours and someone was readily available when we called. Our trip involved four internal flights and four different locations, so it was complex and it made much more sense to book the trip through an experienced agent. Would highly recommend Pulse Africa and use them again for any other African trips.
– D.Desouza –
Lisa de Swardt
Meet Lisa de Swardt, Pulse Africa’s Jill-of-all-trades.
Born and raised in Kenya, Lisa has a deep seeded passion for all things African. Pursuing a career in the travel industry seemed an obvious route to follow and now, many years later, Lisa has evolved from consulting to marketing and all things IT.
Lisa’s Favourite Places: The Kenyan coast and Laikipia.
Top Travel Tip: Ask the locals where to eat, shop and watch the sunset.
Lisa Never Travels Without: Her many kikois
Her Favourite Pastime: Making jewellery
Cool Things I’ve Done
- Kissed a giraffe in Kenya
- Watched the sunrise on a new year on the Kenyan coast
- Swam with dolphins in Zanzibar
- Watched the Rhino Charge in Kenya
- Went shopping in Stone Town
- Did a self-drive trip along the Garden Route in South Africa
- Did the Sentinel Peak Chain Ladder hike in the Drakensberg
- Went on a walking safari in Northern Kruger
- Witnessed the migration in the Serengeti
- Stayed at some of the most spectacular lodges in Africa
My Bucket List
- Self-drive from South Africa to Kenya
- Go on a camel safari in Northern Kenya
- Go to a yoga retreat on the Kenyan coast
- Sleep under the stars in the Kalahari
- Visit the rock churches of Lalibela
- Explore the markets of Marrakech
- Travel around the island of Madagascar
- Do a sailing trip on a traditional dhow off the East African coast
- Eat lobster at the Rock Restaurant in Zanzibar
- Learn traditional skills from the silversmiths of Ibo Island