We decided to ask Pulse Africa to organize our holiday to South Africa over Christmas and New Year and were delighted with every aspect of the trip they put together for us. We felt that they really listened to us when we were explaining what sort of things we wanted to see and do on our trip and they came up with the most amazing experiences and places to stay that without their detailed knowledge we would never have had a hope of finding. What particularly impressed us was their advice to see South Africa on the ground rather than fly everywhere. This gave us the opportunity to really see this beautiful country for what it is. We found that using Pulse Africa saved us a huge amount of time in planning our trip and in fact saved us money too as they were no more expensive than had we booked everything direct ourselves. There is quite simply no benefit from booking a trip like this oneself as Pulse Africa’s experience and detailed knowledge of all our destinations was vital. I have heard that they do not book or recommend any hotel, lodge, camp etc if they have not visited it personally.
Thank you, Pulse Africa and your amazing team, next time Tanzania where you will be busy again!
– Stuart –
Lisa de Swardt
Meet Lisa de Swardt, Pulse Africa’s Jill-of-all-trades.
Born and raised in Kenya, Lisa has a deep seeded passion for all things African. Pursuing a career in the travel industry seemed an obvious route to follow and now, many years later, Lisa has evolved from consulting to marketing and all things IT.
Lisa’s Favourite Places: The Kenyan coast and Laikipia.
Top Travel Tip: Ask the locals where to eat, shop and watch the sunset.
Lisa Never Travels Without: Her many kikois
Her Favourite Pastime: Making jewellery
Cool Things I’ve Done
- Kissed a giraffe in Kenya
- Watched the sunrise on a new year on the Kenyan coast
- Swam with dolphins in Zanzibar
- Watched the Rhino Charge in Kenya
- Went shopping in Stone Town
- Did a self-drive trip along the Garden Route in South Africa
- Did the Sentinel Peak Chain Ladder hike in the Drakensberg
- Went on a walking safari in Northern Kruger
- Witnessed the migration in the Serengeti
- Stayed at some of the most spectacular lodges in Africa
My Bucket List
- Self-drive from South Africa to Kenya
- Go on a camel safari in Northern Kenya
- Go to a yoga retreat on the Kenyan coast
- Sleep under the stars in the Kalahari
- Visit the rock churches of Lalibela
- Explore the markets of Marrakech
- Travel around the island of Madagascar
- Do a sailing trip on a traditional dhow off the East African coast
- Eat lobster at the Rock Restaurant in Zanzibar
- Learn traditional skills from the silversmiths of Ibo Island