My love affair with Madagascar started on my very first visit trip, way back in 1994. This is a little surprising as I am not much of rough-travelling-backpacker type of gal- I prefer a little glam and luxury when I travel. There were certainly pockets of lavish...
Meet Leandra Hanger, Pulse Africa’s Supplier and Rates Guru.
Leandra is our product and rates guru and coffee connoisseur. Her organisational skills are second to none and subsequently we have a highly sophisticated product information system. Not only does she negotiate some fabulous rates for our clients, but she ensures that the consultants are always up to date with the latest product training.
Leandra’s Favourite Place: South Africa
Top Travel Tip: Always trust to travel expert at Pulse Africa, and research your destination…this will prepare you to be blown away!
Leandra Never Travels Without: Passport, travel insurance, camera and bottled up excitement!
Her Favourite Pastime: Spending time with my family and sharing special memories with family and friend….over coffee!
Cool Things I’ve Done
• Bungee jumped out of a cable car in the Swiss Alps
• Did an island hopping from historic Paros to breathtaking Santorini
• Enjoyed traditional Greek coffee on Monastiraki Square with the Acropolis in the background
• Attended a traditional Irish wedding at Kilkea Castle….still the best wedding ever!
• Took my Granny to see Phantom of the Opera in the West End
• Spent 1994 Easter in Budapest with a Hungarian family. Visited underground churches and local festivals
• Celebrating New Year in Harrachov, attended the German Bierfest skied in Salsburg, and swam down the Aare river in Bern for my 21st Birthday!
• Overlanded through Southern Africa including the Caprivi Strip in Nambia, Okavango Delta, Zambia and beautiful Lake Malawi
• Snorkelled in Praslin Island, Seychelles
• Hiked Table Mountain
• Gone skydiving and dune quad biking in Swakopmund
• Done a sunrise balloon safari over the Magaliesburg
My Bucket List
• Explore Southern Africa in an overland vehicle with my children, including trekking over the Lesotho mountains on donkeys
• Explore the top 7 underwater cities and treasures of the seabed starting at Atlit Yam in Israel
• Cruise Alaska
• Explore Iceland
• Tour the Arctic Circle to see the northern lights (Aurora Borealis) from Iceland to Norway, Sweden and Finland and pop in for a visit to Lapland
• Stay at the Ice Hotel in Sweden
• Explore Naples and the whole west coast of Italy
• Visit Bhutan
• Explore the pyramids of the world from Peru to Egypt to Rome, and even the underwater wonder at Japan’s southern Ryuku Islands
• Fly to Antarctica and sleep at the South Pole