Working in travel has its advantages. One is the opportunities we get to visit the countries we sell. I have visited Botswana on a number of educational trips, each time exploring different areas and seeing amazing game. On my last trip, I was yet again blessed with...
Lisa de Swardt
Meet Lisa de Swardt, Pulse Africa’s Jill-of-all-trades.
Born and raised in Kenya, Lisa has a deep seeded passion for all things African. Pursuing a career in the travel industry seemed an obvious route to follow and now, many years later, Lisa has evolved from consulting to marketing and all things IT.
Lisa’s Favourite Places: The Kenyan coast and Laikipia.
Top Travel Tip: Ask the locals where to eat, shop and watch the sunset.
Lisa Never Travels Without: Her many kikois
Her Favourite Pastime: Making jewellery
Cool Things I’ve Done
- Kissed a giraffe in Kenya
- Watched the sunrise on a new year on the Kenyan coast
- Swam with dolphins in Zanzibar
- Watched the Rhino Charge in Kenya
- Went shopping in Stone Town
- Did a self-drive trip along the Garden Route in South Africa
- Did the Sentinel Peak Chain Ladder hike in the Drakensberg
- Went on a walking safari in Northern Kruger
- Witnessed the migration in the Serengeti
- Stayed at some of the most spectacular lodges in Africa
My Bucket List
- Self-drive from South Africa to Kenya
- Go on a camel safari in Northern Kenya
- Go to a yoga retreat on the Kenyan coast
- Sleep under the stars in the Kalahari
- Visit the rock churches of Lalibela
- Explore the markets of Marrakech
- Travel around the island of Madagascar
- Do a sailing trip on a traditional dhow off the East African coast
- Eat lobster at the Rock Restaurant in Zanzibar
- Learn traditional skills from the silversmiths of Ibo Island